Sunday, November 20, 2011

Santa Day

Well, it's been a long while...and it's a little weird going from a Halloween to a Christmas themed post, but it's just that time of year. And I say, bring it!

Today we were at the mall to pick up a few things, and saw that Santa was on his perch in the centre of the mall. I wasn't sure if Maisie would be at all interested, as she hasn't had much exposure with Santa yet this year. I had planned on walking her past Santa every time we hit the mall. But upon asking her if she wanted to visit Santa, the answer was a sure-of-herself YES. Hmm...who are we to argue with that?

She did great. She said hi to Santa, and stood beside him, and he pulled her into his lap. I handed her a candy cane, and we had time to snap one picture before the wailing began! But at least we got our shot!


Although they both have the sort of deer in headlights look, and Santa is probably thinking "seriously, I have to do this for another 32 days?", it turned out great, and is one thing to cross off our holiday list.
(My goal this year is to get all the "have-to's" out of the way early so that I can enjoy the "get-to's"!)

After some lunch and a nap, the Toronto Santa Claus Parade was on TV, so armed with hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and crayons to write the all-important letter to Santa, we were ready!


The whole thing started off on an iffy foot, as Maisie was mildly moody. Perhaps due to nap, I'm not sure.


But roll out the hot chocolate, and it solves all the world's problems.


And since Maisie was too nervous to actually talk to Santa and tell him what she wants for Christmas (which she was very concerned about!), she wrote her letter to Santa during the parade.



Maisie was so excited to see Santa at the end of the parade! Then it was off to cook dinner! She loves lining up the little bowls of ingredients!


When asked "Who likes cooking?!", they both said "I DO!!"
We had such a fun day. I think Christmas is going to be super awesome this year. She really knows what's going on, and she's excited. I can't wait!

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button