It's been a hot one. I feel like it's gone quickly, yet it's not quite mid-August yet. Funny how summer flies by, and winter drags. Cruel Winter should be the name of the song.
I realized today that I forgot to post a few of the pictures we took a few weekends ago. We went to a baby shower for Mike's cousin Morgan. Her baby boy is due at the beginning of September, so we had a family potluck shower for her.
![]() |
| Signing her card for Morgan & Baby Lincoln |
| Reading Frosty the Snowman with Gramma |
My mom is in Alberta visiting my sister and nephew until Saturday, so that has afforded us the freedom of using her car while she's away! It's nice to not have to drive Mike to work, but still be able to have a car to do what we please.
We have the windows open, and I'm wearing shorts, but I'm freezing. It's going down to 12 tonight (53F), so that is bloody chilly for August. But we have to keep moving. You can't hold onto the past, in order to make room for the future. We may be saying goodbye to warm sun, beaches, swimming, fresh strawberries and long days, Fall brings apples, hot cider, pumpkins, cozy blankets and pretty scarves. All good things.






Oh my gosh, your baby is gone! Look at that little girl with her long hair and her painted toes, going to a party for another baby. I'm a little sad, but as you say, we can't look backwards. I know how much you are enjoying her growing into a big girl with her own thoughts and ideas. And it's sort of exciting to think about what Fall will bring. An end to the heat/humidity, if nothing else.
ReplyDelete