Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Scaredy Cat

I'm on the fence about the life suggestion to "do one thing every day that scares you". On one hand, it might be a good idea...depending on what your fear is. But on the other hand, it would probably be a very stressful way to live! Especially if you do it every day!! Although, it is very freeing when you conquer a fear, so every now and again it probably wouldn't hurt!

Today I took Maisie to the splash pad. Last year, she couldn't get enough of it:


She would run into the puddles by herself, put her hand in the spray, squeal and run back to me. I was foolish to believe it would be exactly the same this year.


She was super nervous about it. I ended up having to go into the spray with her, and got quite soaked myself, but it made Maisie less scared and she actually wanted to get out of my arms and play in it!




It was a super hot day, so I'm glad Maisie was able to conquer her fear! Next stop, bugs!!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment before and it wouldn't let me, so lets try again.

    You and Maisie are doing so well with her fears! I wonder if this sudden rash of them has to do with her growing up and getting more independent, and she's realizing that you can't always do everything with/for her? Which is, honestly, very scary! But she's getting to be such a big girl, and so smart about things that might be a danger to her. That's not such a bad thing.

    As for doing one thing that scares you every day, Who has that many fears? That person would be a wreck! Unless you're talking about like when you go out, and it just seems like every person on the road is a homicidal maniac, and you still don't turn back. That's conquering fear, I say! Or maybe you have to conquer the same one day after day, like spiders? Ick.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button