Where, oh where has my little girl gone? Oh where, oh where can she be! My baby is growing up!
We sold her change table (since she doesn't fit on it anymore, and potty training is imminent), and now we have her big girl bed all put together and ready for her to sleep in...as soon as I get up the guts to start! I'm sure she'll be fine with it, and adjust very quickly to it...but why is it always me hanging onto any little thread of babyhood I can?
She sure loves to jump on the bed!!
She has yet to actually sleep in her new bed, and we have left the crib put together for now (in case of a rough night once we actually make the switch!). Plus, I am on the lookout for some nice sheets and pillowcases, so until then she continues in baby jail!
I often think of how nice it would be to have another baby...and I understand that there are many reasons why people do. When your first baby grows up, you're desperate to recreate the babyhood, because it is such a happy time. But then reality sets in, and I remember that it was also a hard, exhausting time. With Maisie growing into an independent little girl, comes freedom for me. She will trek by herself up and down the stairs to spend some time in the playroom, or read books in her bedroom chair. And she doesn't need (or necessarily want) either of us to come with her! She wants to do it herself. And I welcome this new independence with open arms. But I also miss cuddling with her baby self in these same arms.
On another note, we were desperately in need of a relaxing weekend, and we seem to have found it. The sun is out, it's hot and we don't have anything going on. It's nice to not be expected anywhere, to do things when we choose, and to relax out in the sunshine. What a way to start off the summer.
Happy Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Adorable! You did a fantastic job. What a cheerful, pretty rom, but not too little-girlish. It looks like you are both adjusting well.
ReplyDelete