Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Princess Pinkalicious

My whole body is aching...every bone, every joint, every muscle. And I think I figured out why...could be my 35 lb (or more) toddler who insists on being carried everywhere! I'm trying to force her to walk more, or else Mommy is going to be completely out of commission! I feel like a pack mule, but one who isn't going to last much longer and will be sent to the glue factory (do they do that with mules?).

Today wasn't terribly eventful...library, park, grocery store, nap. But it has all been done as Princess Pinkalicious.


Princess Pinkalicious is an interesting character. She wears a silky bright pink dress with a feathery boa trim that moults feathers and tinsel like some kind of exotic bird. She likes jewellery, especially lots of bangles and a string of pearls. But her piece de resistance is her purple plastic shoes with butterflies on them. And she does all of this on top of her jammies.




It reminds me of an old reclusive spinster who lives in a crumbling castle, and puts on all her best jewellery and gets dressed up every day as she waits for her long lost lover to return for her...except that, you know...it's much cuter than that.

She tried to wear the dress on our outings this morning, but I convinced her that it would be detrimental to her ability to play at the park, and she agreed to just wear the pearls. But as soon as we got home, the princess also returned!


She even had heart shaped peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches on her princess plate for lunch. A meal fit for a pretty princess!

On Sunday, we had a picnic dinner in the park!


We enjoyed turkey sandwiches (pb&j for Maisie), chips and grapes and she had lots of opportunity to run around and burn off some energy.




We even watched this raccoon going in and out of the garbage pail for his trash dinner. He drew quite a crowd, and couldn't care less that he was being watched! And he made quite a considerable mess when all was said and done!



Hope everyone had a nice long weekend, and is enjoying this short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button