Sunday, May 15, 2011
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Today Mike heads out on his business trip; the first of its kind since the late 1990's! We're all a tad nervous...Mike because he hasn't travelled in a long time, and me because I'm left to single parent for 5 days. How do actual single parents do it? They must be made of much stronger sauce than I am..either that, or you do the best you can with what life hands you. And that's exactly what we intend to do this week. If the weather is bad, we'll do out stuff indoors! No biggie. (I say as I try to convince myself...)
We bought this little Air Canada airplane play set for Maisie yesterday at Chapters. It comes with a plane, trucks, pylons, signs...it's super cute!
She's had a lot of fun with it so far, but I think it's making her jealous that Daddy is flying on a plane today, and she isn't!
We also picked up a treat for Mommy at the book store.
Hopefully it will help me further hone my photography abilities...although I have yet to find the section that explains what to do if you're trying to take a picture of your child, and they swat at the camera. I'm beginning to feel like a paparazzo trying to get the perfect shot of Justin Timberlake, but keep getting the crap kicked out of me because he has no interest in having his essence stolen by another photog. Sigh.
We'll keep you up on our progress throughout the week...wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Excellent! What about dressing up - does she like to put on your clothes or make-up? That could be a super cute photo session. You could tell her she's like princess Kate.
ReplyDeleteVery, very smart!! She sort of likes dressing up and she's never actually tried make up, so that could be quite fun! You should be here to play too!! :)
ReplyDelete