Friday, October 7, 2011

Adventuring Close to Home

This weather makes it very hard to believe it's Thanksgiving weekend. On one hand, the trees are making their lovely shift to harvest golds and warm reds...but on the other hand, the sun is warm and the sky is a cloudless blue.


It's confusing. It feels like early summer, and I don't know what to wear. But we're not complaining. We'll be rocking our turkey in shorts this year. No big deal.

Today we took Baby Stella and a host of other friends, out for a walk around the block.


I didn't think it would be terribly eventful, but adventure came to us!

The walk was slow, but we had some nice chats as we trudged down the street.


On our first leg of the walk, we saw a little bunny licking his foot in someone's driveway. It was a sweet little black and white guy, clearly belonging to someone...but I'm not sure why he was outside alone.  I thought I got a picture of him, but apparently I did not. Anyway, rest assured he was cute and Maisie was excited.

Around the next corner, we found some fluffy dandelions that Maisie took a real interest in. They of course became property of Baby Stella.



Further down the road, we met a new little friend.



We stayed and visited with this little guy (who Maisie named Chippy). Eventually he ran off to chase a butterfly, but found his way back to us! We could have stayed all day, but we had the rest of the block to accomplish!

Bye Chippy!
When you're moving at a snail's pace, it's amazing the adventure you can find in your own neighbourhood!!

Hope your long weekend is a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button