Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giving Thanks

It has become quite common for our Thanksgivings to be so warm. In fact, they have been for the past few years...four at least. So I don't know why I'm surprised, but it just makes me feel funny. It just doesn't feel right. I realize our Thanksgiving is this early because our harvest is earlier, but perhaps we should move it to the end of October. This just doesn't feel like turkey weather.

But despite the weather, we spent the day giving thanks. Thanks for the sunshine and the chance to wear shorts in October...possibly for the last time this year!




Thanks for the pretty, colourful trees...




Thanks for swings...


Thanks for this cute dog, who ran away from his owner and went straight for the water and made us laugh...


Thanks for "snakes" that apparently slithered over the path...


Thanks for dinners out and delicious Bellinis...



Thanks for long weekends, air conditioning, early bedtimes, craft projects, sleeping in, a great book, a cozy bed and family.
Buckets of thanks this holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button