Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging for Sanity's Sake

The life of a stay-at-home mom is often a lonely one. Unless you have lots of other moms and playgroups to associate with (which I happen to not have at the moment), you often feel as though you are the only one playing slave to a toddler...the only one who knows all the theme songs to the cartoons...the only one who drinks Red Bull with breakfast, and the only one who doesn't have anything left for themselves at the end of the day.  I thought it might be fun to start a mommy blog...and hopefully derive a little bit of sanity out of venting.  And if anyone ends up reading this and sharing their experiences, that's just a bonus!


I'm a stay-at-home mom to our 2 year old daughter, Maisie.  She is beautiful, amazing and oh so brilliant.  She can count to 10, uses the word "disgruntled" on a semi-regular basis and has big blue eyes that would make anyone melt.  I love being home with her, and I wouldn't ever have it any other way.  But the days are long and the years go by fast.


This has quite possibly been the longest winter we have ever had.  It's been cold and very snowy, and we've mostly been stuck in the house for much of it.  Maisie is a typical toddler...she hates snow, cold, snowsuits, boots, hats, mittens...leaves our options pretty much closed since she spazzes out every time I try and stuff her into her snowsuit.  So sometimes it's not worth it.  But we did get out yesterday and built a snowman.


Maisie is saying right now "Mommy all done with 'puter", so apparently I'm finished this entry for today.  She is now trying to slam the laptop down on my hands!  Keep checking back, and in the meantime here is a picture of Maisie and her snowman!  She ate the grape eyes and the carrot nose right after this picture was taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button