Saturday, February 26, 2011

Giving Winter the Cold Shoulder (or Toes, as the case may be)


It may seem like a small thing in principle...but two months into the Winter From Hell, you do what you can to brighten your day. Something as simple as pink toenails, and wandering around the house in flip flops can do wonders for your mood. I painted both Maisie's and my toes bright pink, and threw on some flip flops to pretend I had just gotten a (MUCH needed) pedi. I have tried to be in denial that it's February. But it didn't work. And it's still snowing outside. Errgh. A girl can dream.

We are the Land that Spring Forgot, apparently. Spring doesn't technically hit for another month (will we make it?!?!), but I'm not feeling too hopeful that it will come when it's supposed to. This winter has been brutal, cruel and miserable, and we have had little to no reprieve. Usually spring doesn't REALLY arrive here until early April, but at least the snow tapers off a bit before that. I can't wait.

I'm not one for extreme temperatures of any sort...I don't like extreme heat and I don't like extreme cold. I want to live somewhere where the weather is pretty standard all year long (not Vancouver though, because it rains too much)...Virginia? North Carolina? Something like that. Maybe a tiny little bit of snow at Christmas, but the rest of the winter spent in a blissful trade off between a light winter coat or a sweater. Blissful, is right.

When you can't get outside, you make your own "fun" (term used extremely loosely!!) indoors. Such as:

You bury your cat under a mountain of toys:


You make forts and nests on the floor:

You drink large amounts of coffee...
"More coffee, anyone?!?!  I think I've had too much...WHEEEEEE!!"
...and wine! And you eat way too much, sleep way too much and hope you can come out of your hibernation soon.

And you make messes just for the sake of making messes.


Oh, one day we will be able to go outside again...one day. Yes, a couple of housebound girls can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button