Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hugging my Girl Extra Tight Tonight.

When you're eight years old you're supposed to be reading books, riding bikes, loving school, baking cookies and playing with your friends. You're not supposed to know what cancer is.

A little girl named Sarah lost her four year battle with cancer tonight. She had been failing for a while, and it had become a question of when, not if. 
It's just not right when a child gets sick with such a relentless disease. These poor kids suffer, and something like this happens to someone, somewhere every single day. It makes you realize how lucky you are. 

I wanted to pick up Maisie and hug her tight in the cocoon of my arms, and never let her go. When you're a parent, you can't help but occasionally think of the terrible things that could happen to your baby. But we really are here by the grace of God. Maisie is healthy, smart, beautiful and amazing. We are so lucky, and will never take that darling girl for granted.
She was still awake an hour after her bedtime tonight, and we both went up separately to have a cuddle with her in the rocking chair. She loves to sit on our laps, with her head resting on our shoulders while we rock back and forth. It's so cozy, and it's one of my favourite times of the day. I don't even care if she's up late...I love going back up to visit with her and give her one more hug. I know there will be a day when she doesn't want to cuddle anymore...I know there will be a day when she's too big to fit on my lap, and that makes these moments even more special.

If you want to take a look at Sarah's family's site, here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button