Thursday, March 10, 2011
These Four Walls
I feel like a hothouse plant, and I have grown rather weary of being indoors and staring at these four walls, no matter what room we're in! It's been raining for three days and is supposed to continue for two more. I suppose it's a relief from the snow, and it really is helping to get rid of the old white stuff. But really, rain or snow, it's still not nice and it's all getting on my nerves. We went out to the grocery store this morning, and then went for a little stroll in the rain, but Maisie has been quite grumpy today, and I can't say I blame her. She wanted to hold the umbrella, and when we got back home she played with it a bit, but it's too big for her to handle. Plus, it's not really a Maisie-friendly colour. I'm going to have to get her a pretty umbrella, and some rain boots. Some pretty colours always make the rain a bit less depressing.
Before lunch, Maisie decided she needed to have a "nap". She wanted to be in her bed, with her soosie and blankies. So I got some pictures of her phoney-baloney nap time.
She finally went down for her actual nap at 1, but of course didn't fall asleep until 3 (!). She woke up on the wrong side of the bed just after 4:00.
She was miserable to the point that we thought she may have caught Mike's cold, but blessedly that still remains a man cold...but we all know those are worse than anything any woman has ever had!!
But, whatever was wrong, it was nothing a little banana popsicle couldn't fix! The popsicle saved the day, and all was well in Maisie's world again. Hopefully tomorrow we'll make it outside for some fresh air, and then all will be well in Mama's world too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(74)
-
▼
March
(15)
- Busy Weekend = Lazy Week
- "Hey! It smells like banana muffins in here!"
- Happy Spring!!
- Well, Hello Spring!
- Road Trip & Retail Therapy
- Pure Toddler Joy
- At the Sugar "Bushes"
- What a Difference a Day Makes
- These Four Walls
- Sweets for the Sweet
- A Sign of Things and Springs to Come
- New Camera, New Windshield Wipers, New Outlook on ...
- The Controversial World of Barbie
- Snowsuits in August, Sundresses in March
- Hugging my Girl Extra Tight Tonight.
-
▼
March
(15)




Valentine's PJs! She looks so sweet, all sleep-flushed and popsicle-puckered. Sorry your weather is nasty. Maybe you need to make rainbows inside!
ReplyDelete