Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Snowsuits in August, Sundresses in March
I get really mad when I have to buy my kid a snowsuit in August. Winter is long enough! Don't rush me! But on the flip side, I LOVE buying sundresses in March!!
Maisie and I went to Costco with my mom this afternoon (to refill my edamame stash!), and I got Maisie 3 adorable Carter's summer outfits (above!)...$7.99 each!
I noticed they had lots of other wonderful spring/summer things as well! Bikes, sand tables, tents and bathing suits!! THAT makes me happy! Apparently, summer hits Costco before the rest of the country! I'll have to remember that the next time I want to escape the winter blahs!
I'm still not sure why stores always have to be a season ahead, ESPECIALLY with kids clothes!! That used to bug me so much when Maisie was a baby (not so much now)...I didn't know in August as a 7 month old how big she would be in December as an 11 month old. Now she's at the age where she's going through random growth spurts here and there. Her 2T clothes fit her last week...now her Buddha belly hangs out the bottom of her shirts, and her jeans are tight in the waist and she looks like she's expecting a flood. It's crazy, and it makes me feel like a negligent mother! So my JUST 2 year old is now wearing 3T clothes. Something is wrong with the sizing!
We had a fun day together today. We did absolutely NOTHING. We were cozy on the couch, we read books, played in the sun in the yard, watched some Caillou and we both had a delicious nap. Tonight Mike is bringing home a rare treat of McDonald's. And I'm happy 'cuz I will have some yummy edamame for a snack later!
I'm hoping this weekend to make a trip to the Sugar Bush on Sunday! It's supposed to rain on Saturday (and Mike has to work...boo), but I think it's supposed to be nice on Sunday, so if we can get outside I'll be a happy mama.
Tomorrow, Maisie has an appointment with a pediatric surgeon at the hospital. Our doctor thought she might have an umbilical hernia (I just thought she had an outie!), so we'll go find out if surgery is necessary or if he thinks it will fix itself, which it does in most cases. Fingers crossed for it fixing itself. I don't want the little duck to have to have surgery. So Mike is taking the morning off work to join us, and that's nice because Maisie is hard to manage on ones own if one has to wait in any sort of line or do anything that Maisie happens to not want to do! But if she's outnumbered, it's a hell of a lot easier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(74)
-
▼
March
(15)
- Busy Weekend = Lazy Week
- "Hey! It smells like banana muffins in here!"
- Happy Spring!!
- Well, Hello Spring!
- Road Trip & Retail Therapy
- Pure Toddler Joy
- At the Sugar "Bushes"
- What a Difference a Day Makes
- These Four Walls
- Sweets for the Sweet
- A Sign of Things and Springs to Come
- New Camera, New Windshield Wipers, New Outlook on ...
- The Controversial World of Barbie
- Snowsuits in August, Sundresses in March
- Hugging my Girl Extra Tight Tonight.
-
▼
March
(15)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!