We finally made it out to the Sugar Bush (or Sugar "Bushes" as Maisie calls it)! It was a damp chilly day, and the place was fairly busy, and Maisie has been grumpy all day, but we still had a fun time!
The pancakes were so delicious! There's nothing like pure, fresh maple syrup. Maisie was saddled with the plate on the left, and she looks totally overwhelmed. Kids menu involved 2 ginormous pancakes and 3 sausages. She did pretty well!!
Next it was into the store for testers of maple syrup and maple butter (TO. DIE. FOR.) I am a maple maven...I think I must have been an Indian or pioneer back in the day...or at least, definitely a Canadian! Give me some maple ANYTHING, and I'm a happy girl. I love me a maple leaf!
Outside, they also had hay rides with two gigantic Clydesdale horses. They were so sweet. You could pet their noses and they loved it...so well trained.
We didn't end up riding on the hay ride, as Maisie was becoming displeased with the whole experience. But we had a great time. We came home stuffed, and had some berries and cheese and she was off to nap.
This is the end of another weekend again, and we lost an hour of sleep! Even though it's only an hour, why does it hurt so much! I remember the year Maisie was born, and I wasn't sleeping 8 hours a night, wondering how I was going to survive yet ANOTHER hour of precious sleep!
Hope you had a great weekend, and if you're lucky enough to be looking at a week of Spring Break, enjoy!



Yes, going to the Sugar "Bushes" was a great idea. As good as all the maple stuff was, I have to say the best part was the sausage :)
ReplyDelete