Pancake Day is always a favourite of mine...not that I will only have pancakes for dinner on that day, because we definitely have them more often than that. It's a special meal that Maisie and I have when Mike is working late and it's just us girls. I always thought I was a champion pancake eater, but Maisie can eat me under the table. She will usually have 12 or so pancakes in a sitting. She's mama's girl, all right!
My parents came over for dinner too, so we tripled the pancake batch twice...it made about a gazillion. Pancakes with turkey sausages...delish!
| The Mighty Toastess, circa about 1960 :) |
Maisie was super wired up on pure maple syrup afterwards, but Mom and I were off to scrapbooking, so we wished Mike the best of luck and left him with a zooey toddler. It worked out okay for him though, as they cozied up to watch music videos on the iPad. She loves Katy Perry and Pink. She's very particular about her musical tastes.
Earlier in the day, while I put away laundry, Maisie read "Goodnight Moon" to herself. She has heard the story so many times, that she can recite most pages by heart. She even mimics the inflections in my voice. It's very cute.
| Peek a YOU! |
![]() |
| "Helping" to put away laundry |
Today, Kathy came over and brought Maisie a pretty dress that she picked up in Florida. Maisie looks adorable in it, and I'm happy to have an Easter dress for her! She also brought a couple of chocolate coins. More sweets for the sweet.
![]() |
| Dancing Queen |






Mom and I had fun with you and Maisie eating pancakes until we were stuffed. You and Maisie are both amazing.
ReplyDeletedad xo
I especially love the look of pure joy as she dances in her new spring dress!
ReplyDelete