Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Day.



I have always loved Valentine's Day. From back in the day when I used to spend weeks agonizing over which cartoon character Valentines I would hand out to my class, making a little Valentine mailbox, and then the treats and the heart shaped food, and the excuse to wear a red sweater with pink socks and cheesy Valentine earrings. I just love it. It's a nice perk in the middle of a traditionally bleak month.


Our day started off with fun treats...cards, chocolate, a classic book and a snuggly little teddy bear.


We both dressed up in cheesy Valentine socks and shirts, had a Valentine themed lunch and spent the afternoon making Valentine cupcakes.






Mike came home from work with a giant pink plush rose for Miss Maisie, and a card and chocolates for me!


We had a really fun day! I'm feeling a tad Valentine-d (and sugared!) out today, but I like to try and make the simple things as fun as I can for Maisie so she has great memories of being a kid.
Luckily, we have some time before Easter comes, because I don't think I have any more energy to make anything fun for a while! :)





Lots of love on Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button