Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Day Weekend

There is almost nothing better than a 4 day weekend. For most, this is just a 3 day weekend (still nice though!), but Mike had Friday off as well to make up for all of his overtime, and it has been so nice to have him home!  Family Day is our relatively new-ish holiday.  I think it's only been around in Ontario for 3 years or so, but it's such a nice break.  We used to have to go all the way from New Years to Easter without a holiday!  That was a long haul, especially because it's a very nasty winter!

It's been a very lazy weekend! Friday, we all just hung around and had Wok Box for dinner (Maisie loves her Crispy Chicken with apple juice and plum dipping sauce!).

We had a slight thaw on Friday, which was the perfect day to go for a walk outside, and then play in the rapidly melting snow!


Saturday it got very cold again, so I managed to get Maisie's closet, the spare bedroom closet and the upstairs bathroom all cleaned! Mike and Maisie went out for a gingerbread cookie and played downstairs so I could get it all done.  We did a little bit of shopping, but it was SO cold, even just walking from the car to the mall was almost unbearable with the bitter wind!
A nice cozy bath before bed, and a cuddle on the couch with a warm blanket was the perfect remedy!


Today has been another nice day at home.  I managed to get the entire first floor of the house cleaned, which is so much more relaxing. Mike is cooking a delicious pasta dinner tonight, which will be very nice on a cold night!

And here's a video I took this weekend of Maisie and her Magic Balloon:


Hope you're enjoying your weekend with your family, or thinking about Presidents as the case may be :P

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of Family Day. No disrespect to the Presidents, but we really need more promotion of family, not dead guys, no matter what they may have done. You are being so productive - I'm jealous! And inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button