It feels like the summer season died a peaceful death a couple of days ago! It's been pretty chilly these last couple of days...just in time for the first day of school! I can't help but think, Maisie will be off to school (full days!!) in 2 years...I can't believe it! Just the thought of it gives me a lump in my throat...I'm going to be a basket case. So I am enjoying this time home with my baby even more than before, because the time limit is drawing closer. But we are home right now on a rainy day, after some rainy errands, eating chocolate covered licorice and watching Curious George. Makes me happy.
And I must give credit where credit is due. I got this wonderful idea from one of my favourite Mommy bloggers, Enjoying the Small Things. I get many ideas from her...she's so crafty and creative...sometimes I feel like my brain has turned to mush, and I can't seem to come up with these sorts of ideas on my own! Nevertheless, a chalk town was a fantastic idea that was a hit at our house too! Thanks Kelle!
We made all of Maisie's favourite hangouts and landmarks...our house, the park, Nana & Papa's big tall building, Gramma & Grampa's house...even Walmart, the mall, the strawberry patch and a farm for the farm animals. I brought out her Little People and a box of cars, and she just went to town! So to speak.
The most fun was had lining up the Little People on the road, and telling me who everyone is.
I'm sure she's going to ask for a little chalk town now EVERY TIME we're outside with the chalk, and I'm sure I'll have to do it again and again. But I even had fun drawing it...and I'll be sure to improve it each time!
As I said earlier, Fall appears to be upon us...that gets me thinking ahead quite a bit. About things like apple picking, Halloween...and yes, even Christmas. There's a lot of nice stuff to come before the snow flies. And I'm actually enjoying the cooler temps. It really is a good life. Hope you're having a good one too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What at nifty idea - a chalk town. Such fun!
ReplyDeleteCutest. Thing. Ever. I think you could do the same thing on pieces of paper or posterboard (cut into quarters?), for cold or rainy/snowy days when you have to stay inside. Then when you lay them out, it would be easy to rearrange the order at will. Plus, the whole floor has to be picked up before you start so there will be room - that's the incentive for her to pick up before she plays. I want to go make a chalk town now. Spa, restaurant, wine bar, movies, library, gym...
ReplyDelete