It started with circle time and introductions...Maisie (who lacks in patience) was yelling "I WANT TO PAINT!!!" through the whole thing, so I have no idea what anyone else's name is. But Maisie's introduction went something like this "This is Maisie...she's 2 1/2 and she WANTS TO PAINT!"
After circle time, it was TIME TO PAINT! We got construction paper, paint, cotton balls, feathers, string and a straw. The kids were supposed to paint, and the moms were supposed to write the story. That doesn't go so well with with a 2 year old who doesn't want Mommy to do ANYTHING!! We painted, glued, she yelled at me...and when everyone else left to have their snack, we stayed at the table and painted. And painted some more. It was serious work. After the painting was done, we played in the Treehouse, which is a nicer and cleaner McDonald's Playland sort of deal. Maisie climbed the ladder into the tube...and stayed there...and yelled "MOMMY!! HELP ME!!". Sigh. And do you think I could get up in there? Nope...had to coax her down. Argh.
Then, it was back to the room for more songs. This time she participated, singing her ABC's beautifully, and lots of other songs. She seemed to enjoy that.
I didn't get any pictures, as I didn't have my camera with me. But here's the finished product!
After class, I took Maisie to Tim Hortons for a Smile Cookie. They are regular soft chocolate chip cookies with smiley faces on them...so yummy, and they donate the money to the Children's Hospital, so everyone wins.
It was a yummy treat, and a great way to end a fun morning. AND, she was bagged so she actually napped. Ahhhhhhhh. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!