Winter Wheat is one of my most favourite places to visit. A quiet, folksy, foresty dream-like world where you can go and wander the paths, take pictures, enjoy nature. There's garden paths, little houses and cool creatures hidden in the bushes, made out of random stuff like a cat with a saxophone, and people made out of brooms. Trees, flowers, birds...and peace.
| "Quiet is the essence of calm. If you listen for it, you will find it in the most unexpected places" |
I don't have a lot of quiet and calm in my life. But hearing the peace of this country home, where the only noise is wind in the trees, or a bird flying overhead makes you realize that there are actually places in the world that are quiet. Besides the fact that in the background, my toddler was saying "Let's go this way, Mommy!"
Today we felt the calm. And even when I told Maisie it was time to go, she went...no complaining. Just calm. I think we need to live somewhere like this, nestled peacefully in our own little nook of trees.
Peace, calm, beauty, whimsy. Those are my words for today.
Hope you're having a beautiful day too.







I want to run away to this place - quiet and calm sound so good about now. I'm glad y'all had a beautiful day and somewhere beautiful to enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI want to run away to there too. But I was thinking if we did, we would probably just bring our own special brand of noise and chaos out to the country, and ruin it :)
ReplyDelete