Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

For the third time in as many years, we took Maisie to the Western Fair tonight.






The first year we took her, she was 9 months old, and not so much interested in anything. She looked at the animals, had a bottle and that was the end of it.
Last year, she enjoyed a few rides and an elephant ear.
But this year...well, this year was different. This year we learned that our girl has no fear.

It was cloudy and threatening rain, but we didn't let that stop us! We bought ride tickets, and we were off...first stop, Merry-Go-Round! Despite the fact that Maisie goes on one every time we go to Storybook Gardens, and there really is nothing special about it, especially compared with all the other rides at the fair...she was hell bent she was going to get on that ride, and nothing was going to slow her down!


And so, with the loud speakers blasting Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", I watched my girl ride the horsey with her Daddy, and love every second of it! The girl sure did wanna have fun.

After that was the Bumblebees, the Berry-Go-Round, the trucks, Wiggly Worm, the Merry-Go-Round (again), the Bumblebees (again), the Tea Cups and then the roller coaster. Here are some more pictures from our adventure.










After the rides, we had some dinner of fries, hot dogs and pizza. Then the rain hit. But on our way back to the car, we had to stop for a delicious Elephant Ear!


We bought two of them, and Mike and Maisie shared one on the way back to the car...I saved mine for home. On the way home in the car, Maisie fell asleep in her seat. I carried her in, and as soon as we got inside she said "I want my other elephant ear!". Somehow she remembered!

As a roller coaster lover myself, I'm so glad she loves rides! The bumpier, the better! The roller coaster was a huge hit, but she definitely loved everything about the fair.

Until next year!

2 comments:

  1. Himalayaaaaaa! I loved that ride so much - it was air conditioned and blasted Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" and everyone thought it was the coolest ride at the fair. I'm so glad you had a good time! Lucky Maisie for having parents who are such good sports. But...what's an elephant ear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...it's so funny how every fair has the same rides!! The Himalaya here always has crazy carneys running it too! I have never been on it, because I can't handle dizzy rides...I would definitely puke! I can barely handle the kiddie spinning rides! But put me on ANY roller coaster, big or small, and I'm in my element. Weird, eh?
    An elephant ear is deliciousness on top of more deliciousness and then fried!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_dough
    YUMMMMMMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button