Today was a long and boring day. Not much to do...drizzly and humid outside, so we just sort of hung out. After dinner, we put on some videos of Maisie when she was a baby...even an early toddler. I didn't realize how much she has changed in these past 2 1/2 years.
I miss the pudgy cheeks, the dimpled hands, the bubbly first laugh.
I miss the baby cuddles, the tummy time, the soft baby hair.
I miss my baby. But trying to hold onto babyhood is like trying to hold water in your hand. No matter how tightly you close your grasp, the water will trickle out anyway. But losing the babyhood brings us to a whole new stage. She is singing, drawing, playing make believe. She is freely giving out hugs and saying "I love you Mommy" without even being prompted.
It goes by so fast. And I know one day soon, I'll be looking at pictures of her at 2 1/2 and even though the days can be trying, I will miss them and want them back. Enjoying every moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!