Friday, April 22, 2011

Colour Me Maisie

Since today is a holiday, and Mike is home, we decided to dye Easter eggs!



This is a very scary feat, considering it involves dye and a 2 year old.


I wasn't quite sure how to entertain her while we did it, since there really wasn't much for her to do. I gave her some crayons to colour the eggs with.




I had only hard boiled 6 eggs, but should have done more because Maisie had so much fun!



Notice the pretty colouring...Maisie's creativity has not been stunted by "the junk food of creativity"...the dreaded COLOURING BOOK!! Geez....



So the whole process went quite well. We just had to let go, and allow her to do whatever she wanted. If she wanted to dip her egg multiple times in many different colours, we let her dip her egg multiple times in many different colours. If she wanted to bash two eggs together to hear the noise, we let her bash the eggs together. And the mess stayed mostly contained to her hands!


The finished product! Interesting, but memorable nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! There's no law that says you can't dye eggs at times other than Easter. It's one of those good creative outlets. ;) Plus, if she uses the crayon before she dyes them, the dye won't adhere where the wax is, so it's a science lesson too. Maisie's a Baby Einstein!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button