Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Joys

I knew that it would be fun seeing the holidays through a kid's eyes. But no one ever told me it would be THIS fun. I think I get more anticipation than she does, because she doesn't fully understand yet. But she knew the Easter Bunny was coming last night, and she was very excited when she got up!

Like he used to do for us when we were little, the Easter Bunny left a trail of notes for Maisie to follow to find her Easter basket. He also left an Easter egg hunt for her! Unfortunately, the lighting gave me some trouble (always too dark, even though I had a bunch of lights on!!), so the picture selection is sort of weak. The notes took her to her table, the bathtub, Daddy's desk, her little kitchen, and finally her closet!!

Checking under her table for the next note...
Success! Found the treats in the closet!


She ate an unnecessary and ridiculous amount of chocolate this morning, which is to be expected. And we had cinnamon buns for breakfast. I knew she was going to have a serious sugar crash & burn, and I was right. She kept the Naughty Step warm for much of the morning. But once the sugar passed, she was a doll for most of the day.

After nap, we took the new sidewalk chalk outside to play. That was tons of fun!!




Maisie in Chalk


My Hopscotch Masterpiece
She did a pretty good job, considering the concept is lost on her!
All done for today!
After we had exhausted the chalk colouring, we were hungry and decided it would be a good night to go to Red Lobster. It was delicious (of course!) and Maisie was a dream child. She coloured (you'd think she'd be sick of that by now!), and played with a couple of toys I took for her. Then the food came, and she shared my salad and then ate all (ALL!) of her broccoli, and most of her chicken fingers! She didn't even make a peep the whole time we were there. I feel like (understandably) people see us come in with a two year old, and they think "Oh great...", but we always wow them with our happy toddler. She's a joy.

Right now, Mike and Maisie are downstairs watching music videos and wrestling (sounds like she's killing him, actually). It's almost bedtime for her, and she's getting monkey-fied, which can either be good or bad...it will either tire her out, or pump her up for more. Hopefully she's pooped.

We had such a nice, relaxing, lazy weekend. Tomorrow morning is Easter brunch at my parents' house, which Mike will miss because he has to go to work. But after that, I'm going on a sugar-detox. I feel like sugar has become my heroin. Someone should probably lock me in a room and let me detox...that way, I will get the chills and the itchies all alone. Hope it goes well...I don't want to do it, but I have to get it out of my system! So tomorrow is my last day to eat the Easter chocolate and enjoy the sweets!

Hope everyone had a very Happy Easter and a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Looks like you guys had a great time "creating" with the chalk. I bet she is going to wear that adorable Easter dress tomorrow. and Red Lobster - yum! Now I'm in the mood for some crab legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really fun and relaxing weekend!! If only it were longer!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button