Now that it's April, I think (HOPE!) we are out of the snowy woods, so to speak. The breeze is still a bit cold, and the ground still has that chill to it, but the sun is warm so you know it won't be long now.
Today after a big breakfast at Cora's (waffles for me, french toast for Maisie and eggs for Mike), we decided to walk to the park to play. I was getting sleepy from the carb load, and Maisie was grumpy while coming down from her sugar high, so outside was the best place for us.
We took a couple of pieces of bread in a bag in case there were ducks...but there weren't any, and even if there were, Maisie beat them to the bread.
All we found was a stupid Canada Goose. No one likes Canada Geese. They are mean, and have gross poop, and I won't waste our bread on them!
Please ignore the nasty snow remnants in the background!
After checking out the goose, we headed back up the hill to the park. There were about 6 other kids there from a home daycare. Everyone was out enjoying the nice day.
Usually the swing is Maisie's favourite place to spend time at the park, but today she couldn't get enough of the slide!
She has such joy on her face when we're at the park. She has a perma-smile the whole time we're there. I'm so glad the weather is starting to improve so we can spend more time there. Last year at this time, she was barely walking, so she's getting more out of the experience now. She can even climb the steps up to the slide without my help, although I hover just in case. The baby is growing up!
You would think that after a big brekkie, and lots of fresh air, that she'd be tired. Unh-unh. The girl is still up there awake in her bed. She keeps calling "MOMMMMMMMYYYYY! COMMMMME INNNNNN!" and then when I do she says "Dropped ______" (fill in the blank with soosie, blankie, Hunny Bunny, etc). When I look for the "dropped" object, I always discover that it has actually been launched across the room...not so much a drop as it is a pitch. Hopefully she will nap soon as we have plans to go to Costco, have dinner and perhaps watch Tangled. Although, if she doesn't nap, that means an early bed time, so I'm okay with that too!
Since Mike has been on holidays, she's been quite the Daddy's Girl...not letting me bathe her, carry her, feed her, put her to bed. Makes a lot less work for me, but it also makes me feel sad! I want her to need me! Oh well...it's nice for the break.
Happy Friday, and Happy Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!