Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easy Peasy

I wish I could say that the title of this entry describes my life. But, like everyone else I'm sure, unfortunately my life right now is nothing close to easy...but that's okay. Sure, the weather isn't cooperating with Spring, Maisie is getting her two year molars, and other aspects of my life aren't moving at the speed which I would like them to. But Maisie is sometimes able to remind me that even if life isn't necessarily easy, it can be Easy Peasy, if that makes any sense.

Despite the fact that "Easy Peasy" is technically short for "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy", which was apparently a British commercial in the 70's and is meant to refer to something being very easy...Maisie's version of Easy Peasy is just cute and fun and makes her laugh. And isn't that what we all want out of life?

It all started today...I have no idea where she learned the term. Maybe I said it, or maybe she heard it on TV. Wherever it came from, she loves it and finds it hysterical. She says it over and over again, and then laughs like the funniest thing was just said. During story time tonight, every couple of words read she would pull her soosie out and say "Wan' do Easy Peasy again!"...so I would stop reading and she would say "EEEEzee PEEEzee" and then laugh. More pure toddler joy...and she found it, Easy Peasy.

We finally got a pretty umbrella, and even though it's technically Mommy-sized, I thought I deserved a pretty umbrella too...but of course, it's always commandeered by the little one. This past weekend we took the new umbrella out for a spin.








May the rest of your week be...Easy Peasy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love writing, but I also love reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Total Pageviews

SD button